10 Signs You Are An Empath
1. An empath has a deep sense of empathy, but also a constellation of profound characteristics that set them apart from “someone who is empathetic”.
2. An empath is highly intuitive. An empath has the ability to scan someone and know information about their current, former, or future experiences. The awareness of this gift evolves over time. Young empaths simply see themselves as “highly sensitive” or “really good with people”.
3. Empaths often either sense, feel, or take on the energy, mood, or condition of the people around them. Mood and energy management techniques are a must for Empaths.
4. An empath knows another person’s true emotions despite any attempt the other person makes to hide them or lie about them. Empaths have an amazing B.S. detector! Phonies and hypocrites can’t fool an Empath unless the empath wants to be fooled….
5. Empaths have a great inner desire help others, to make them feel at ease. Empaths are profoundly compassionate, considerate and understanding of others.
7. Many empaths intuitively learn to become highly observant and excellent readers of body language and eye movements.
8. In the case of those who grew up with trauma, violence, severe dysfunction, addiction, or mental illness, hypervigilance (a constant state of “high alert” from a feeling of impending danger) often leads a person to become overwhelmingly attentive in an effort to remain safe in frightening situations. Hypervigilance can become a hard-wired response, even when it is no longer needed. There are many holistic and therapeutic remedies available. If you are hypervigilant, thus in a state of anxiety most of the time, please seek professional help.
9. Empaths are drawn to healing professions, the medical field, and human/animal rights activism. They also rank highly in the expressive arts field such as poetry, music, art, singing, acting and dancing.
10. Empaths often develop into professionals in the Alternative and Spiritual Arts such hypnotherapy, holistic, organic nutrition, psychic readers, energy and Reiki practitioners,holistic sychotherapists, animal communicators, caretakers, Social Workers, counselors, teachers and more.
Empaths’ sensitivities can lead to a wide variety of challenging experiences that divert them until they come to understand and accept their innate gifts.
The younger empaths today are becoming aware at earlier ages, which is so helpful to them and to the well-being of society and the world. Planet Earth needs all the gifted Empaths to come into service as soon as possible!
How It Works-It’s All About Energy
Every word, action, emotion, interaction, and intention has an energetic vibration or frequency. The Empath’s highly evolved abilities can sense all types of energy. They recognize even the most subtle changes that most people can’t sense through the five physical senses.
The Empath takes in the body language, the spoken words, and the energy behind the words all at the same time. So, when a person is feeling something but acting or speaking something else, the Empath knows this instinctively. An untrained or unaware Empath can become confused or emotionally upset by this. If this occurs repeatedly the Empath can become greatly distressed and overwhelmed. This often gets to the point that the Empath can exhibit symptoms that mimic anxiety, social phobia, depression, and other related difficulties.
When Empaths are in situations that are joyful and fulfilling, they will often take on this energy as well and have symptoms similar to the euphoria that is described by psychiatrists as “manic” or hypomanic.
Psychiatric facilities are full of unaware Empaths. The traditional medical community doesn’t know how to treat Empaths, because unfortunately they usually aren’t trained in the subject. Medications, talk therapy (with some exceptions such as Holistic Psychotherapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), and inpatient hospitalizations do not “cure” an Empath. There are treatments and medications that can ease some distresses, however, and a holistic psychiatrist would be of great value in these cases.
THE GOOD NEWS!
Most importantly, this earth is blessed with thousands upon thousands of gifted, empowered Empaths that are in service, and don’t fall into any of the potential pitfalls that others do.
For those who find themselves needing help: once an Empath recognizes who he/she really is, there are many effective techniques and practices available. These treatments are holistic, spiritual, energy-based, metaphysical, and cognitive.
Once an Empath starts on a holistic healing path, they recover, thrive, and begin to live from their true center. They begin studying about and using their gifts to help others, and very effectively. Become an Empowered Empath!
Which Archangel Is Guiding