Self Love and the New Paradigm
by Denise Roberge
What is Self-Love? Is it something selfish? Exactly what do we need to do to actualize self-love? How does Life change when we treat ourselves with Love? Can self-love really make a difference in this world? These are some of the questions to be addressed here.
Humanity has been aware of the importance of Self-Love for a very long time. We have been taught by many teachers and traditions that we can’t truly love another until we love ourselves. To some it seems like an axiom that is trite and overused. This fact is generally accepted at face value as true, but how many of us truly live our lives from that perspective?
Lets explore the far-reaching effects of Self-Love: not only on our individual lives, but the lives of those around us and on the “Oneness” of humanity and beyond.
10. Allowing ourselves time to “just be”
11. Making time for fun and joy
12. Building in opportunities for relaxation and solitude
13. Avoiding people, places and things that cause stress or disharmony
14. Setting boundaries and limits when needed
15. Accepting ourselves exactly as we are
5. Either hearing our “inner voice” and not heeding it, or not slowing down enough to hear it
6. Allowing chaos and negativity to take over our lives
7. Believing in and allowing the “inner critic” to rule our thought: that voice that says things like “I’m not good enough”, “I’m not worthy”, “I am not smart enough” “I don’t deserve to be happy” etc.
8. Letting the “To Do List” and the “I Should…list” take priority over self care and being in the moment
9. Not taking the time for fun and relaxation
10. Always saying “yes” when we really want to say “no”
11. Engaging in gossip, character assassination, and other negative conversations
12. Giving up our personal power and letting others “walk all over us”
13. Lack of Assertiveness-not standing up for ourselves when needed
14. Limiting the happiness in our lives because of “I will only be happy when….” beliefs such as “I will do that when I lose weight, have a romantic partner, get the dream job, have more money in the bank, once the children are grown” etc.
How does Self-Love Improve the World?
At this time in humanity’s energetic/spiritual evolution, we have the opportunity to consciously co-create “The New Paradigm”, or what some call “create heaven on earth”. This philosophy is that when we are consciously evolving into the highest version of ourselves, we will no longer choose to experience anything other than helpful and loving interactions. We will not have to “forgive” ourselves or others because we know that everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to. We are in a state of complete acceptance of what “is”. There is no judgment, no “good and bad” nor “right or wrong”. The phrase “It is what it is” is a popular one in this culture, and it reflects in a small way this “New Paradigm”. We will stop blaming others for difficulties or unhappiness and accept responsibility to change ourselves and create happiness and fulfillment in our inner and outer life.
Our inner state of being can be considered an example of “the microcosm in the macrocosm”. The outer world will always energetically reflect the state of our “inner world”. We create what we believe to be true about ourselves. So, if we believe we are loving, kind, nurturing, accepting, and compassionate, that is what we will see and create in the outside world! This is another great reason to continuously magnify our self-love. We will see love outside when we know it inside.
We are mirrors for each other…what we see in others is a part of who we are as well. So, to summarize, we can gauge our level of self-love by what the world is reflecting to us. If you see difficulty, illness and strife, go within and find where you are not loving yourself and make a change. If you notice that your family, friends, work associates, relationships, and other factors in your life are harmonious, know that the Self-Love you radiate is contributing to creating “Heaven on Earth”!
Weebly is Very intuitive to use. You can literally build an amazing website and have it published in hours.
We would love to hear from you...leave a comment below!