8 Ways To Make 2017 Your Best Year Ever
by Laurie Barraco
1. Releasing Ceremony - Write down all of the things that were "lessons not blessings" for you in 2016. Be sure to thank spirit for all of these challenges because they have made you stronger and wiser. Read them out loud and then let them go!
2. Forgive Yourself and Others - Let go of past disappointments and move on from the stories of pain and disappointment. No one is perfect, not even you ;) Use the past as a guide on how to do things differently for the future because you are wiser from these experiences. Just because you forgive someone, doesn't mean you have to interact with them. By releasing the disappointment, you are letting go of the emotional heavy ties that you have with them.
Seeking out a mastermind group is an excellent way of keeping your eye on the prize!
4. Know Your Limits - Overcommitting ourselves is something many of us struggle with and is one of the number one reasons why we do not achieve most of our goals. Writing down your goals with a timeline is a healthy and realistic way to work towards these intentions that you have set out for yourself.
5. Be Open To Constructive Criticism - Asking a respected friend, family member, significant other and or colleague is an excellent way to gage the progress you are making. Sometimes the criticism may be harsh and off base and sometimes they are seeing something that you aren't. By checking in with another, you are able to see what you are projecting to the outside world.
6. Be Mindful of Others Paths and Honor Them - We do not have control of other people's paths and we don't live in their heads and or hearts. This year try to mind your own business and only give advice if you are asked your opinion and assistance. This may be a challenging one, however, your relationships will change for the better as you hold space for others who struggle. For some, simply getting out of bed is a huge challenge. Holding space and praying for their happiness is more powerful and effective than we realize.
7. Take Personal Responsibility - When you make a mistake own it! If your decisions had a negative effect, own it! If you hurt another, own it! If you are in a mess, take responsibility and don't blame others for your decisions. By taking responsibility for our actions, we are saying that we are in control of our own lives and destinies. When we take control and ownership of our experiences, we have the power to change these experiences for the better. I would rather be at the helm of my own ship than giving up my free will to another to choose my destiny.
8. Go On Vacation or A Staycation - Taking time off from work as well as the the day to day stresses of life is one of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves. Taking a break resets your mind, emotions and physical body. Schedule regular trips to places you haven't been before or hunker down at home relax and do nothing. The break from the day to day grind often is all we need to get back on course with our goals.
Take A Sneak Peak Into This Upcoming Week's Energetic Influences
About the Author
For the past 20 years Laurie Barraco has worked on her spiritual side by studying with many Master Teachers, such as Sonia Choquette and John Holland. Laurie opened The Mystical Moon in December 2007. Laurie is an intuitive channel and can access information from your spirit guides and angels to help you move through whatever challenges life has presented before you. Private Sessions are available at The Mystical Moon by appointment. Follow her on Facebook. This articles was shared with the author's explicit written permission.