The 50 Greatest Quotes About The Human Soul
by Matthew Scott Donnelly
When one conquers the soul we are free to live our highest form of success, happiness and to our fullest potential.
Below we have created a list of our 50 human soul quotes of all time from the many spirits around the world of many generations.
7. A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.- James Allen
8. Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul. – Democritus
9. Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. –Wayne Dyer
10. Each person has an ideal, a hope, a dream which represents the soul. We must give to it the warmth of love, the light of understanding and the essence of encouragement. – Colby Dorr Dam
11. Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ― Emily Dickinson
12. Our soul desires to be understanding, our ego is only concerned with being understood. When you are being understanding you are connected to your soul. – Michaiel Bovenes
13. To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
14. Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other. Generally speaking, these meetings occur when we reach a limit, when we need to die and be reborn emotionally. These meetings are waiting for us, but more often than not, we avoid them happening. If we are desperate, though, if we have nothing to lose, or if we are full of enthusiasm for life, then the unknown reveals itself, and our universe changes direction. ― Paulo Coelho
15. The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts. – Marcus Aurelius
16. Every moment and every event of every man’s life on earth plants something in his soul. – Thomas Merton
17. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. – Helen Keller
18. There is one spectacle grander than the sea that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky that is the interior of the soul. – Victor Hugo
19. Music in the soul can be heard by the universe. - Lao Tzu
20. Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
21. A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. –Mahatma Gandhi
22. What light is to the eyes – what air is to the lungs – what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man? - Robert Green Ingersoll
23. Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. – Muhammad Ali
24. My feeling is, personally, I want to die first… because I believe that when you die, your soul goes immediately up for judgment – and I don’t want my wife up there first. No, the judgment will be horrendous. – Bill Cosby
25. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.” –- Audrey Hepburn
26. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
– Swami Vivekananda
27. There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge.
– Friedrich Nietzsche
28. There is one spectacle grander than the sea that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky that is the interior of the soul. – Victor Hugo
29. Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes.
– Walt Whitman
30. Whatever the soul knows how to seek, it cannot fail to obtain.
– Margaret Fuller
31. Pity may represent little more than the impersonal concern which prompts the mailing of a check, but true sympathy is the personal concern which demands the giving of one’s soul. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
32. True achievement in any sphere of action depends upon real ability, and a strong, deep, whole-souled love. – David Emerald Author
33. Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you. – Oscar Wilde
34. For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul? – Jesus Christ
35. Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. If you die you’re completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I’m not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I’ve got. – Kurt Cobain
37. It is only to the individual that a soul is given. –Albert Einstein
38. Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. – Oscar Wilde
39. Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul. – Friedrich Nietzsche
40. The soul always knows what to do to heal itself, the challenge is the silence of mind – Caroline Myss
41. Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. – Paramahansa Yogananda
42. As the sculptor devotes himself to wood and stone, I would devote myself to my soul. Toyohiko Kagawa
43. God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple. – Chanakya
44. The soul was never put in the body to stand still. – John Webster
45. Spirit is like the wind, in that we can’t see it but can see its effects, which are profound. – Jimmy Carter
46. The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. - Emily Dickinson
47.Rummaging in our souls, we often dig up something that ought to have lain there unnoticed. ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
48. The eyes of the soul of the multitudes are unable to endure the vision of the divine. – Plato
49. The soul never thinks without a picture. – Aristotle
50. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. –Nicholas Sparks
by Matthew Scott Donnelly
My Near Death Experience