Try These 5 Grounding Methods
by Andrea Schulman
When the root chakra is underactive, you will likely feel a lack of protection or safety, a feeling of uneasiness or fearfulness, or even an inability to provide for your basic needs.
When the root chakra is overactive, you will likely feel easily frustrated or angered and inflexible to change. Individuals with overactive root chakras tend to be stubborn and perhaps even attempt to control others.
I will offer a few tips for people who currently have underactive root chakras.
So, when you are feeling anxious, insecure or lacking trust, these are a few things you can do to ground yourself and restore balance to this energy center:
1. Ground your physical body to the earth: The root chakra is your connection to Mother Earth. For this reason, walking barefoot on the earth or laying in the grass are both strategies that many people find grounding and soothing in times of chaos and disarray.
2. Work with grounding gemstones: The colors of the root chakra are black, red and brown, so a good rule of thumb is to work with stones that possess these colors during periods of insecurity. Black tourmaline, black obsidian, red jasper, and smoky quartz are all good choices for those who are looking to balance this chakra.
You can carry these stones, wear them as jewelry, meditate with them, or even make infusions with them. Just be sure to clean and charge your root chakra gemstones frequently, as many of them absorb negative energy out of their environments.
For a few more tips on gemstones, check out this page of my website: Using Gemstones and Crystals to Create Your Reality.
3. Eat “grounding” foods: Eating foods that correspond to the root chakra are said to help restore balance to this energy center, so adjusting your diet can also be helpful.
Root foods, like radishes, potatoes, onions, carrots, ginger and garlic are all good foods to eat in order to soothe and repair the root chakra. As red is one of the colors of the root chakra, red foods are also good choices (like tomatoes, strawberries or red peppers).
4. Do a root chakra meditation: In meditation, you can focus on the base of your spine and imagine the color red radiating from this energy center.
You can also chant the word “Lam” (pronounced “lum“) during meditation. This is a cleansing mantra said to have the appropriate vibrational frequency to balance the root chakra.
5. Ask for assistance: Whether you believe in God, angels, spirit guides, “the universe” or any other nonphysical entity, feel free to ask for help. Some people pray, some make wishes, and others write out their requests on paper.
Asking is the first step to receiving the help that we need, so when chaos is swirling around you, take time to ask for assistance in grounding yourself. There is a lot more help out there for you than you may realize.
So, the next time life feels anxious and fearful, try out a few of these strategies! Taking the time to balance your root chakra is a very positive thing you can do to bring more peace into your life during stressful times.
Do you have any other root chakra balancing techniques to share? If so, comment below and let me know about them!
Select A Card: Are You Being Called To Step Outside Your Comfort Zone?
Do You Wake Up At The Same